Aside from having a brilliant director, My Blueberry Nights also boasts of its cast – an assembly of great actors and actresses. The following are the lead actors and actresses of the movie, My Blueberry Nights:
- David Jude Heyworth Law, or known better as Jude Law, is an English actor, director, and film producer. He was born on the 29th of December 1972 in Southeast London. His first acting began with the National Youth Music Theatre in 1987, and his first television role came in 1989. In 1999, he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the Academy Award for his performance in the movie of Anthony Minghella which was titled The Talented Mr. Ripley. He won an award for Best Supporting Actor BAFTA in 2000 for his work in the same film. Another nomination, the Academy Award for Best Actor, came in 2003 for his role in Cold Mountain, another Minghella film. You’ve also seen him riding
- on one of the movie sets.
- Geethali Norah Jones Shankar, known professionally as Norah Jones, is an American singer-songwriter, pianist, and actress
- . She was born on the 30th of March 1979 in Brooklyn, New York. Her solo music career started in 2002 with the release of her album Come Away with Me, a combination of jazz, pop, and country music. The album was certified diamond album in that same year, selling over 26 million copies. As a music artist, Jones has won numerous awards which include 9 Grammy Awards and being named by Billboard magazine the 60th best-selling music artist and top jazz artist of the 2000-2009 decade. She made her film debut in 2007 in the romance/drama movie My Blueberry Nights.
- Rachel Hannah Weisz is an English film and theater actress and former fashion model. She was born on the 7th of March 1970 in London. Her acting career began at Trinity Hall, Cambridge, where she became the co-founder of the theatrical group Cambridge Talking Tongues. Though she made her debut in the film Death Machine (1994), her breakthrough role happened in the film Chain Reaction (1996), which paved the way for high-profile roles in her next movies. She also works in the theatre industry. Her stage breakthrough was the 1994 revival of the play Design for Living, which earned her the London Critics Circle Award for the most promising newcomer with henna designs. Her character portrayal in the play A Streetcar Named Desire earned her the Critic’s Circle Theatre Award for Best Actress.
- Natalie Portman, born as Natalie Hershlag, is an actress and model with American and Israeli dual citizenship. She was born on the 9th of June 1981 in Jerusalem, Israel. Her debut came in the 1994 action film Leon: The Professional, but majority of her success happened when she was cast as Padme Amidala in the Star Wars prequel trilogy (1999, 2002 and 2005). While working as an actress, she enrolled at Harvard University in 1999 to study psychology. In 2003, she completed her bachelor’s degree. She is also a multi-awarded actress. Some of her most noticeable awards came in 2011 and include the Academy Award, the Golden Globe Award, the BAFTA Award, the Screen Actors Guild Award, and the Independent Spirit Award for her lead acting role as Nina Sayers in the movie Black Swan.
David Russell Straithairn is an American actor with a great hairstyle. He was born on the 26thof January 1949 in San Francisco, California. He was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as journalist Edward R. Murrow in the movie Good Night, and Good Luck.